Textbook Evaluation

Since the 1980s, most US history textbook have been turned into propaganda by the political left to brainwash an entire generation of young Americans - and most parents don’t even know it. Two despicable people are primarily responsible - Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky. Zinn’s book, A People's History of the United States, first published in 1980, is used in many colleges and has also been used as something of an outline for other writers to follow in writing their own biased Textbooks for High Schools. These biased History textbooks tell the stories of the trials and tribulations of about 25% of the nation’s population and ignores the success and satisfaction of the other 75%.

These US History Textbooks portray America in a negative way. The only difference between books is degrees of bias. Students are taught that America is not a good country and never was. Even when America did something good, these books view America’s action with a cynical attitude. Indians, blacks, Hispanics and Asians are seldom put in a negative light and are always the poor victims.These books are intended to send white students on a guilt trip and make other students feel superior. The imposition of multiculturalism has helped to divide our schools by race and ethnicity. Taxpayers need to become aware of what type of textbooks they are paying for, take over school boards and get honest, accurate textbooks back into schools. 


America - Pathways to the Present -

1995 edition

by Andrew Cayton, Elisabeth Israels Perry and Allan Winkler

Published by Prentice Hall, Needham, Massachusetts, 1995

This textbook is a monument to revisionist history. It is full of lies and half truths from cover to cover.


America - Pathways to the Present -

2007 edition

by Andrew Cayton, Elisabeth Israels Perry, Linda Reed and Allan M. Winkler

Published by Prentice Hall, Boston, Massachusetts, 2007 

Although this textbook is not as bad as the 1995 edition, it is still a terrible history textbook. There are many factual errors in this history textbook and the political bias is evident throughout. Any student using this history textbook will get a very biased viewpoint about America and its history.




2003 Edition

A Peoples History of the United States by Howard Zinn was first published in 1980. This is the 2003 - and final - edition. Zinn was a radical propagandist masquerading as a historian. Zinn only gives you one side of a story in order to lead you to a distorted - and inaccurate - picture of America. There are many factual errors in this book as well. Zinn’s goal is to brainwash readers - not inform them. 



World History - 6th Edition

By William J. Duiker and Jackson J. Spielvogel 

Published by Wadsworth Cengage Learning

This history book is extremely biased on several fronts. Most obvious is a pro-Islam and anti-Christian, anti-Bibilical bias. The accuracy of the Bible is contested repeatedly. No other Holy Book from any other religion is attacked. Secondly, it is anti-European, anti-Western. Thirdly, it is pro-socialist and anti-capitalist. In many cases these biases are evidenced through the use of descriptive language.  In other cases only one side of an event or series of events is presented. In still other cases, omissions of critical information lead the reader to a conclusion that may not be historically correct and is definitely incomplete. There are instances that the information is simply false.



United States History and Geography

McGraw Hill, pub 2018

ISBN: 978-0-07-676864-6

This is a fair US history book. Not as many biases and factual errors as previous US history books.

“The philosophy in the schoolroom in one generation will be the philosophy of the government in the next.” (This quote is usually attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but there is no evidence he said it. Regardless of who said it, it is certainly a FACT.)