Specific legislation needed
1. Self defense laws must be changed to prevent civil litigation. If you defend yourself, especially against a minority, you will be attacked in civil court forever. If you are found innocent on grounds of self defense in criminal court, you cannot be sued in civil court.
2. In a criminal trial, if the prosecution makes a mistake, the consequences should be directed at the people on the prosecution responsible for the mistake. Judges shouldn’t use this as an excuse to release a guilty person and put society at risk. The purpose of a trial should be to determine whether the person did the crime or not. NOTHING should interfere with this principle.
3. Since a disproportionately large amount of money is spent policing high crime neighborhoods, criminals - i.e. drug dealers, should be fined a huge fine when arrested. We all know they will go back to dealing regardless, so use them as tax revenue. Anytime a city needs more money, go arrest a bunch of drug dealers.
4. Police and ordinary citizens should have the right to use what ever force is necessary - including deadly force - to prevent a criminal from getting away from the scene of the crime when the criminal commits a violent crime which results in serious bodily injury, regardless whether he uses a gun, knife or fists. Anyone involved in stopping this criminal from escaping should be immune from civil suits.
5. There are too many accidents with guns in the home. This should not be used as an excuse to disarm the populace. There are too many accidents with cars, but we aren’t going to outlaw cars. The best solution to gun accidents is to have everyone who buys a gun go through a gun safety course.