Differences between Christianity and Islam
1. Islam is the ONLY religion in the world that GUARANTEES entrance into Paradise if you die committing mass murder of “infidels.” - Jihad. Islam promotes and glorifies the worst in human nature. In Islam, you are a martyr if you die murdering people who are considered infidels - including women and children. Islam glories in murdering the infidels. All the terrorists at Guantanamo in Cuba are devout Muslims who pray everyday to Allah, and are defended by other Muslims as true Muslim believers.
Christianity promotes and glorifies the best of human nature. In Christianity, you are a martyr when you give your life to save others or for refusing to reject the cause of Christ. If self proclaimed Christians fought to defend a terrorist regime (such as Afghanistan) they would be ridiculed by 99.9% of professing Christians around the world.
2. In Islam, you go to heaven if you do more good then bad. But since there is no scorecard in the Quran, there is really no sure way to know if you will make it into heaven. One of the reasons Muslims are so anxious to die in Jihad (holy war) is because it is the only way to guarantee your entrance into heaven - according to the Quran.
In Christianity, God tells us that no one is good enough to get into Heaven. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Therefore, God had to make another way for us to get into Heaven, by sending His only begotten Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. If we confess our sins to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, He will forgive us and based on the mercy of God, we can be assured of salvation.
3. When there is an excess in Christianity it is condemned sooner or later. For instance, the Spanish treatment of Indians in the new world in forcibly converting them to Catholicism is today universally condemned. However, in Islam, which spread almost totally by violence, these forced conversions and violence committed against non-believers in Islam has NEVER been condemned, rather these wars of aggression have always been glorified.
After 9/11, few Muslims came out to publicly denounced the Muslims who flew the planes into the Pentagon and World Trade Centers. It was only after public outrage at the silence that “condemnation” began to be heard from Muslim clerics around the world. Even today, there are many Muslims who refuse to believe that it was Arab Muslims who committed the terrorist attacks on 9/11. This refusal to come to grips with reality is a huge problem with trying to deal with the Arab world in a rational manner.
4. Christianity is the only religion that tells what happened in the beginning and what will happen in the end of time. The Jewish faith, of course, also explains the beginning of time, but Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah.
Islam does not tell us what happened ‘in the beginning”. The Quran views the afterlife almost entirely with physical pleasures. The Quran makes minor mention of the spiritual dimension of Heaven.
5. Jesus performed many miracles as proof He was sent from God. The Bible and the Quran agree that Jesus performed miracles. Mohammed never performed any miracles and could never supply any proof (other then his word) that he was sent by Allah.
6. Muslims deny the Trinity, claiming Christians worship 3 gods, which is not true.
7. Muslims believe mankind is good by nature. The Bible says human beings are sinful by nature and need the redemptive work of Christ in their lives.
8. Muslims deny Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the human race and deny Jesus is the Savior of the world.
9. Christian missionaries for 2000 years have toiled endlessly to help the poor, the forgotten and the diseased. Almost never have any of these missionaries reaped any earthly reward for their toil. Islam has no similar history of missionary work.
10. Islam has no great songs of individual redemption, such as Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, etc.
11. Christianity teaches praying to save people. Islam teaches praying to destroy people. Go to:
"But the rock and tree will say: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, a Jew hides behind me, come and kill him.’Except for the Gharqad tree, which is the tree of the Jews.”
The Friday sermon of March 12, 2004 on Palestinian TV "The Jews today – there is no doubt – are avenging their ancient forefathers, the sons of apes and pigs."
Interview with the children of Palestinian suicide bomber Rim Al-Riyashi, which aired on Al-Aqsa TV on March 8, 2007. “Mama Killed Five Jews and She Is in Paradise”