The Christian faith is unique among all the worlds religions
for the following reasons:
Realistically, Christianity is the only religion that makes sense. Christianity has made more positive changes for people than any other movement or force in history. Abolition of slavery, caste system, child sacrifice all ended. Public education, medicine, morality turned a dark, vicious world into a liveable one.
1) The resurrection from the dead of Jesus Christ after He was crucified on the cross. Without the resurrection, there is no Christian church. There are people who claim that the resurrection of Christ was nothing but a hoax. Using logic alone, the resurrection is the only conceivable explanation for the beginning of the Christian Faith. After Christ was crucified, the disciples were terrified and scattered. If Christ had not risen from the dead, the Christian church would never have started. It was only after the risen Christ appeared to the disciples that His followers believed and received power from on high after receiving the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. None of the original Apostles became rich and famous by becoming Christians. Most of the original apostles were tortured and executed. It is inconceivable that the Apostles would live a life of depravation, then face torture and death to perpetuate a myth.
2) The New Testament teaches values. Rules are based on these values rather than in the Old Testament, where values were based on the rules. Note that Jesus made it very plain that following the rules didn’t make people good on the inside. It just made them boastful.
3) Christianity was unique in that the Christian faith spread by peaceful means. Unlike Islam, which spread by the sword, Christianity spread through voluntary conversion and after the first 300 years, was proclaimed the official religion of the Roman Empire - without ever firing a shot. Although some countries forcibly converted people to the Catholic faith, these forced conversions were isolated and today are universally condemned.
4) The primary and sometimes only reward for becoming a Christian was peace between you and God and salvation of your soul. Throughout the 2000 year history of Christianity, Christians have often been persecuted and martyred. All of the original 12 apostles were persecuted and most were martyred. It is inconceivable that the thousands of Christians martyred over the centuries willingly gave their lives to perpetuate a myth.
Other religions offered earthly rewards for converting to their faith.
5) Salvation by grace. Christianity is the only religion that states that no one is good enough to get into Heaven. Therefore God sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. Whoever sincerely confesses their sins to Jesus is forgiven and receives the free gift of salvation.
6) No book in history has been examined and scrutinized like the Bible. Many skeptics have tried to prove the Bible to be a pack of lies. All have failed. After 2,000 years, over a billion people profess Christ as their Lord and Savior.
7) Christianity preaches that God can change you internally, so you can gain control over ungodly desires.
8) The Jewish faith and Christianity are the only two religions where man “was made in the image and likeness of God.”